Easy Fried Rice
Watch the video for this recipe:
This easy recipe of Fried Rice is one of the best meals you can prepare for lunch or dinner in a matter of minutes. This flavorful rice is packed with colorful vegetables and scrambled eggs, seasoned with soy sauce, sesame oil and oyster sauce. It is definitely a dish that all family members will adore.
Even though fried rice is best made with leftover rice that is about a day old, you can also consider using fresh rice, just make sure to let it cool down before frying. For best results try to use a long-grain rice for this dish.
You can always use different vegetables to fried rice, or even add meat, chicken ham or bacon can easily be used here. For an even healthier version you can also consider using cauliflower rice as a substitute for the white rice. Hope you will try this recipe and have a comforting meal as we sure did. Enjoy!
- Makes about 2-3 servings
- 14 oz (400g) cooked rice (obtained from 3/4 cup (130g) uncooked rice), chilled overnight
- 2 tbsp (30ml) vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (about 100g), chopped
- 1 medium carrot (about 90g), peeled and diced
- 2 scallions (about 30g), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5g) minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5ml) oyster sauce
- 1 tsp (3ml) sesame oil
- 2 small eggs
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- First you need to make sure you have the cooked rice, preferably one day old. But fresh will work good too if you take time to let it cool down first.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and diced carrots, and cook for about 6 minutes until tender.
- Add minced ginger and garlic and cook for about 1 minute more until fragrant.
- Add rice, stir to combine and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Push the rice to the sides of the pan. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil into the center and add the eggs in the middle. Scramble the eggs and then stir them in with the rice mixture.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Stir to combine. Season if needed with more salt and pepper.
- Add chopped scallions and serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.