- Veggie Burgers - Sweet Potato Burger Patties
- Double Chocolate Rum Cookies
- Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake
- Christmas Wreath - Christmas Braided Bread
- Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Gingerbread Orange Cake Roll
- Cranberry Pistachio Fudge without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
Easy No Yeast Yogurt Doughnuts
Watch the video for this recipe:
Some time ago, I received this recipe for doughnuts from a dear friend and only now I had the chance to try it out. I really love it, and I’m sorry I didn’t try it sooner as my little girls enjoy these Yogurt Doughnuts so much. These fluffy little balls of fried dough, served slightly warm and dusted with powdered sugar can make a great treat during the day or even for breakfast, alongside a good coffee or tea.
This recipe is so easy that you need less than 30 minutes to have them ready to serve. As they are made with no yeast, you don’t have to wait for the dough to rise, and there is no need to roll the dough and cut. It is very easy, you just need to mix the ingredients for the dough and it’s ready to be fried. You can either drop teaspoons of dough in the hot oil or use a piping bag to get similar little balls of doughnuts. They can also be a perfect dish for whenever you have unexpected guests and wish to give them a warm welcome. Hope you will try these out, enjoy!
- Makes about 50-55 little doughnuts
- 1 2/3 cup (400g) Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups (300g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs , beaten
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour with sugar, salt and baking powder. Add beaten eggs, vanilla extract and Greek yogurt and mix to combine.
- In a medium skillet or pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Drop teaspoons of dough in the oil or transfer the dough into a piping bag with a 1 inch (2.5 cm) cut and squeeze about 1 inch (2.5cm) pieces of dough out and cut with a scissor for each doughnut.
- The doughnuts will fluff up and turn around by themselves or use a spatula to turn them around, and cook until they are fried on all sides.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Before serving dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!