Easy Strawberry Cake
Watch the video for this recipe:
This Easy Strawberry Cake is one of the best fruit cakes you can ever prepare every time you crave dessert but don’t want to waste too much time preparing it. Nobody will tell that this cake is made so easily and with such little effort.
The abundance of fresh strawberries in this cake is absolutely delightful which makes it perfect for strawberry season. The crumb of this cake is moist and soft, not dry or too cakey. The flavor combination is absolutely divine, as strawberries and lemon always make such a good pair.
You can always adapt the recipe using seasonal fruits like cherries, apricots, peaches, other types of berries, plums and the list can go on. Hope you will give this recipe a try and enjoy as we sure did:)
- Makes about 10 servings
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (125g) flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) ground almonds
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (45g) sour cream
- Grated zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 13 oz (370g) fresh strawberry, cut in quarters
- 4 oz (120g) fresh strawberry, cut in halves
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease and line with parchment paper a 8 inch (20cm) pan.
- Cut the 13 oz (370g) fresh strawberries into quarters and set aside.
- In a bowl add sugar and lemon zest and mix for a few minutes to release oil. Add the butter and start mixing until creamy.
- Incorporate eggs one at a time and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour with ground almonds, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually incorporate the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the sour cream.
- Gently incorporate strawberry quarters.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Arrange the 4 oz (120g) fresh strawberry halves on top of the cake and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and serve with whipped cream or even ice cream. Enjoy!