- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
Have you ever tried eggplant pizza? I've seen many versions of eggplant pizzas on Pinterest and really wanted to give them a try. For those in search for gluten free pizza solutions this might be one of the best alongside this wonderful cauliflower crust pizza. For me these eggplant mini pizzas seem like a perfect light dinner, appetizer or simply as a side dish. They look good and have a great taste. I actually prefer to serve them with a bit of crunchy bread, but work really good with only some fresh salad aside.
Being eggplant pizzas don't expect to have a crunchy crust as regular pizza. That's why I added some corn kernels on top to bring a bit of more texture. For a quick delicious homemade pizza sauce you can try the recipe I've used on this tuna and red onion pizza.
Eggplant has always made a great pair with tomatoes and cheese, these mini pizzas are confirming this really well. If you like eggplants you will love this dish.
- Makes about 15 mini pizzas
- 1 (350g) large eggplant, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (100g) Mozzarela cheese, sliced
- 5 or 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
Wash the eggplant and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place on paper towels, sprinkle with salt and let them sit for about 20-30 minutes to remove extra moisture. Pat them dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
Place the eggplant slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and oregano.
Roast the eggplant for about 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile prepare everything you need for topping. These are just an idea you can top with whatever you like.
Remove from the oven, add tomato sauce, Mozzarella cheese, cherry tomato slices and corn. Sprinkle the basil chopped leaves on top.
- Return to oven and broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese has melted.