- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Roasted eggplant salad, is such a great treat all year round. This is a recipe my mother used to make pretty often especially for holiday tables, or family gatherings as it can be made in advance.
This is a tasty and healthy way to cook with eggplants. You can serve this as appetizer alongside fresh vegetables, like tomatoes, red peppers, olives and so on.
I really love this recipe because is so easy and quick. You can roast the eggplants in advance, peel and freeze for whenever you need them. After that it only take few minutes to process and you have one delicious appetizer that everybody will enjoy. It can be refrigerated until ready to serve.
There's no way you can not love eggplant salad. It is simply delicious.
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 small onion
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- salt to taste
- Roast the eggplants on open flame or grill them with their skin on, until insides become very soft.
- Cool down a little and remove the skin dipping your fingers in cold water so you don't get burned. Cut the tail and let them cool in a strainer to drain well.
- Add onion in a food processor and chop well. After the eggplants are completely drained add them to onion in the food processor, add egg yolk and oil and process for about 5-10 seconds until well blended. Don't process more as they can get too airy.
- Place them in a bowl, add salt and serve with fresh homemade bread, tomatoes and black olives. The rest can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days.