Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
A delicious meal that goes perfectly with a good homemade crusty bread.
- Makes about 3-4 servings
- 1 eggplant, cut in small cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1/3 cup celery root, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- parsley, celery leaves, chopped
- In a sauce pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, red pepper, eggplant and celery root and saute for 10 minutes. Add paprika, tomatoes, chili pepper and vegetable stock and stir. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until eggplant is very tender.
- When the stew is almost ready stir in parsley , celery leaves and soy sauce. Add salt if needed. Add corn starch dissolved in 100 ml water. Stir constantly until the stew thickens. Remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:85, Fat:0.6 g, Carbohydrates:18.4 g, Sugar: 7.6 g, Fiber:6.5 g, Protein:3.8 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 5, Sodium 939mg, Vitamin A 33%, Calcium 4%, Vitamin C 86%, Iron 6%, Nutrition Grade A, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.