- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Garlic Cheese Bombs
Watch the video for this recipe:
I’ve seen this kind of cheese bombs on Pinterest few time ago and searched for a recipe. All the recipes I have seen were using premade biscuit dough. Where I live I can’t find this dough in grocery stores so I decided to try making them from scratch. I already had a delicious recipe for cheddar biscuits so I’ve used it to create these amazing Garlic Cheese Bombs and really worked great. This time I’ve used Mozzarella but cheddar cheese should work as well.
These cheese bombs are easy to prepare even if you make everything from scratch.. should not take you more than 20 minutes to have this prepared and placed in the oven. They are soft and flaky.. and that gooey cheese inside worth all the effort. As holidays are knocking to our doors this recipe might be a great appetizer for this special time of the year.
- Makes 18 cheese bombs
- 2 cups (250g) flour
- 1 tbsp (15g) sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp (10g) baking powder
- 5 tbsp (70g) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup (200g) cold buttermilk
- For Filling
- 5 oz (140g) Mozzarella
- For brushing the tops
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium-large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and garlic powder. Add the butter cubes, and using a pastry cutter or fork cut the butter until the pieces are no bigger than peas.
Incorporate the cold buttermilk and knead gently to bring it together. Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the Mozzarella in 18 pieces.
Dust the working surface with flour and roll the dough into a 12x15 inch (30x40cm) rectangle. Cut in 18 pieces.
Place a piece of cheese in the middle of each piece of dough and wrap the dough around the cheese making sure the edges are well sealed. Roll in your hands to form a ball and place in the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for about 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- While they bake, prepare the butter mixture. Melt the butter into a small sauce pan, add garlic, parsley and salt and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Brush the tops of the cheese bombs with butter mixture and serve hot.