Grape tomatoes with egg on top
We love breakfast time. Every time we have the chance we are trying to make an unique breakfast to impress our small daughters. They like to imagine themselves as being in the restaurant and waiting to be served. We play this game pretty often with good results as they end up eating the whole meal. This time they were really delighted by this breakfast.
This idea of filling grape tomatoes with egg on top is simply amazing. The grape tomatoes have a thick skin and are sweeter than cherry tomatoes. The perfect small tomatoes for filling I would say:).
We used turkey chorizo alongside the stuffed tomatoes but feel free to use any chorizo you have in house. This meal is healthy, delicious and nutritious. No better way to start the day, that's for sure.
- Makes 2 servings
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 5 ounces turkey chorizo sausage
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chives and radish germs for serving, optional
- soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Scoop the grape tomatoes and set aside the pulp. Place the tomato shells on a nonstick pan. I used an iron cast pan.
- Beat egg with cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the tomatoes shells.
- Cut the chorizo in 2 inch pieces and place in the pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- While baking combine radish germs with tomato pulp and season with some soy sauce.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chives on top and serve warm with the radish germs salad.