Grilled Corn Fritters
Watch the video for this recipe:
Corn Fritters are an amazing dish you can prepare for breakfast, lunch or dinner or even as an appetizer. Making these delicious fritters with fresh corn it is a must during the summer, you definitely won’t regret. Grilled fresh corn takes these fritters to a whole new level. The best part of these delicious fritters is that they can be made all year round as canned or frozen corn may be used instead of the fresh one.
These fritters go so well alongside everything, salads, meat, use your favorite dipping sauce and you’ll have a great comforting dish in no minute. Crispy on the outside, soft and cheesy inside, enriched with vegetables and herbs, with a great flavor and texture, hard not to love them from the first bite. Use your favorite herbs and vegetables, make them more spicy or sweet depending on your preferences. Hope you’ll give them a try and enjoy!
- Makes about 12 fritters
- 2 cups (about 320g) leftover grilled corn kernels ( frozen, or canned may work as well)
- 1/2 cup (60g) flour
- 2 tbsp (20g) cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1g) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp (7g) chives , chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup (45g) red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (100g) Cheddar cheese
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Sour cream for serving
- In a large bowl combine flour with cornmeal, salt, pepper and baking powder.
- Add milk and egg and mix until well combined.
- Add corn kernels, red pepper, cheddar cheese and herbs and mix to combine.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat.
- Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to take equal amounts of corn mixture and add to the pan. Use the back of a spoon to flatten the patties. Cook about 3 or 4 patties at a time.
- Cook until browned about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining corn mixture.
- Transfer the fritters on a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve the fritters while still warm with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce.