- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Watch the video for this recipe:
I have always loved halloumi cheese and how it holds it’s shape when cooked over high heat. During the summer I really enjoy using halloumi in various dishes alongside fresh seasonal vegetables and crusty bread, like this beautiful colored halloumi burger.
I was never a big fan of classic beef burgers but I find this vegetarian halloumi burger absolutely delicious. Grilling the tomatoes and peppers really enhance their flavor, as high heat quickly caramelizes their natural sugars and result in slightly charred and juicy tomatoes and peppers.
I like the burgers a bit spicy, so I sprinkled generous amounts of freshly ground black pepper over the vegetables and added horseradish mustard as well.
I highly recommend this halloumi burger for a quick and flavorful summer dish. Hope you will try it out, it’s simply wonderful. Serve as it is, or alongside baked potato chips, baked potato wedges or crispy oven fries.
- Makes 2 burgers
- 4 oz (120g) Light Halloumi Cheese
- 1 large tomoto
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30g) cream cheese
- 1 tsp (15g) horseradish Dijon mustard
- lettuce leaves
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 2 seeded buns
- Slice halloumi cheese and tomato into ½ inch(1 cm) pieces.
- Cut the red bell pepper into long strips.
- Heat a large griddle pan until hot. Place halloumi pieces and cook for about 1 or 2 minutes on each side until charred lines appear. Set aside.
- Add olive oil into the pan and add tomato slices and red pepper strings. Sprinkle salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine. Cook tomatoes slices for 30 seconds up to 1 minute on each side and remove. Remove the pepper strings as well.
- Cut the seeded buns and grill until toasted.
- Combine the cream cheese with mustard and spread on the bottom part of the bun.
- Add halloumi pieces, lettuce leaves, tomato slices and pepper strings. Add red onion rings if desired and finish with the buns top. Serve immediately. Enjoy.