- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Homemade Marzipan Candies Dipped in Chocolate
I've always wanted to make my own marzipan. I really love the taste of marzipan, is one of my favorite, especially combined with dark chocolate.
Finally I was able to make it at home and I will definitely make them again. It does take a little time but worth all the effort if you are a marzipan lover.
These marzipan candies dipped in chocolate are perfect for holiday or family tables, or can be given as small presents to your guests.
- Makes about 20-22 candies
- 2 cupsÃÂ (230 g) raw blanched slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Chocolate for dipping
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 100 g white chocolate
- In a food processor combine the almonds with granulated sugar until well mixed.
- Put the mixture into a bowl. Beat the egg white with a fork, pour over almond mixture and stir well. Add lemon juice, almond extract and powdered sugar gradually. Combine well until smooth and it forms a stiff paste. wrap the marzipan in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Create the shapes you like from the marzipan and refrigerate until you prepare the chocolate. Melt the dark chocolate over bain-marie stirring constantly. Remove from heat and start dipping the marzipan shapes. Place them on parchment paper until chocolate is set.
- Melt the white chocolate over bain-marie, remove from heat and decorate some of the marzipan candies. For tempering the chocolate before coating read here Let the chocolate set and they are ready to serve. Refrigerate the rest. Enjoy!