- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Key Lime Pie
Watch the video for this recipe:
Key Lime Pie is an elegant and delicate dessert perfect for holidays or any other occasion. It has a smooth, silky, tart and sweet filling that makes a great impression everywhere.
The recipes is very easy to prepare, the filling is made with sweetened condensed milk and it requires only few minutes to bake. It is important to let it chill for several hours to set completely.
Though many recipes uses whipping cream as topping the classic recipe is made with meringue topping, so feel free to try both versions. For a meringue topping use the one I’ve used on S’mores Tart. Enjoy!
- Makes about 8-10 servings
- 7 oz (200g) digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 5 tbsp (70g) butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz -397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 cup (240g) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (10g) powdered sugar
- Prepare the crust. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Place the biscuits/graham crackers into the bowl of a food processor. Blend until crumbs form. Transfer the crumbs into a bowl, stir in sugar and melted butter.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and sides of a 8-9 inch (20-23cm) pie pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and let to cool on a rack for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the filling. In a large bowl whisk egg yolks with lime zest until creamy and light yellow colored. Stir in condensed milk and lime juice until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let pie cool completely at room temperature and then refrigerate for several hours or better overnight.
- Before serving whip the cream until soft peaks form. Incorporate powder sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Place the whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with 1M (½ inch-1cm) star tip and decorate the pie. Sprinkle some lime zest on top if desired.
- Keep leftover pie refrigerated.