- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Lavender is one of the edible flowers from the mint family that has an incredible delicate smell and taste. No wonder why it is so widely used from kitchen to cosmetics and medicine for its benefits. In kitchen, lavender can be used in various desserts, salads, dressings or drinks.
Lavender is known for its relaxing effect so this wonderful refreshing lavender lemonade is one of the best ways to use lavender and enjoy a hot summer day. The subtle flavor of lavender in combination with the lemons makes it a sophisticated drink perfect for special occasions. You can make it with sparkling water instead of regular one or even add some vodka to create a flavorful summer cocktail. Try it and let me know what you think of this. We definitely loved it. Cheers!
- Makes about 4 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh lavender flowers, rinsed or a tablespoon of dried lavender flowers
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cool water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ice cubes
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add lavender and sugar. Cover and let infuse for 30 minutes.
- Strain the lavender water and pour into a serving carafe. Add lemon juice and cold water. Taste and adjust according to your preference either adding more sugar or lemon juice.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve it chilled over ice cubes.