- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
- Crispy Sliced Roasted Potatoes
- Snickers Mousse Cake - Chocolate Caramel Peanut Mousse Cake
- Turkey Roulade with Cranberry and Spinach Stuffing
- Refined Sugar Free Date Cocoa Brownies
- Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Twisted Pumpkin Bagels
- Easy Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
Leftover Turkey Meatballs
These turkey meatballs are a great way to use leftover turkey. They get crispy on the outside and soft inside and the flavors combine so well. It's like having a whole different meal as you can hardly say it's made from leftover meat.
These meatballs can be served as an appetizer with your favorite dipping sauce, or alongside your favorite side dish, like rice, pasta, potatoes and also in breakfast sandwiches.
I make pretty often this kind of meatballs, in various combinations. If you want them vegetarian just replace meat with chickpeas, or grated drained zucchini. You can even add some grated cheese if desired. You can make many variations to this recipe and each time makes a wonderful dish. Even the breadcrumbs can be well replaced by rolled oats, in case you want a gluten-free recipe.
I simply love these bite sized leftover turkey meatballs, they are always a good option for either breakfast, lunch or dinner. I am pretty sure you will love them too once you give them a try.
- Makes about 40 meatballs
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) cooked turkey, ground
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 potatoes, (about 300g), peeled
- 3 eggs
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 or 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- sa and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil to drizzle on top
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with oil.
Add leftover cooked turkey in the bowl of a food processor. Process for few seconds until ground.Transfer to a large bowl. Shred the carrots and potatoes on the large holes of the grater or in your food processor. Add them over the ground turkey.
Add minced garlic, parsley, eggs, oil and breadcrumbs. Add salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
Form balls with you hands and place on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten if desired.
Drizzle some oil over the meatballs and bake for 15- 20 minutes on one side and 15 - 20 minutes on the other side.
- Serve warm alongside your favorite sauce and side dish, like rice, pasta, potatoes, in sandwiches and so on.