- Veggie Burgers - Sweet Potato Burger Patties
- Double Chocolate Rum Cookies
- Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake
- Christmas Wreath - Christmas Braided Bread
- Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Gingerbread Orange Cake Roll
- Cranberry Pistachio Fudge without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
Macaroni and Cheese
Watch the video for this recipe:
There’s nothing not to love about macaroni and cheese. Baked creamy, cheesy macaroni with an amazing crispy panko topping is always a comforting dish perfect for lunch or dinner. A family favorite dish every time.
You can make variations to it by adding bacon or ham or some vegetables but most prefer this dish simple with no extra ingredients. Cheese is meant to be the queen of this recipe and it definitely has plenty of it.
- Makes about 6 servings
- 9 oz (250g) elbow macaroni
- 4 tbsp (56g) butter
- 3 tbsp (24g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (480ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- freshy ground black pepper
- garlic powder, optional
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (50g) Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp (14g) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (30g) panko breadcrumbs
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Cook the pasta in salted water with 1 minute less than package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, in a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the flour and stir until smooth and cook for about 1 minute, until bubbling. Gradually stir in milk, until mixture is smooth. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder if used and stir constantly until the sauce boils and begins to thicken.
- Turn off the heat and stir in cheeses. Add drained pasta into the sauce and stir to coat.
- In a small bowl combine panko bread crumbs with 1 tbsp of melted butter and spread on top of the macaroni.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.