- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
Mushroom risotto is that kind of dish that is perfect for those days when you need something quick, flavorful, easy to prepare that can be served immediately as it's done.
The most important thing when making a risotto is to have every ingredient prepared before starting to cook as the risotto involves constantly stirring.
The risotto requires adding ladlefuls of stock to the uncooked rice, gradually, until all stock is well absorbed. This way the starch is released and results a creamy comforting dish. For a more intense flavor you can include the water in which you soaked the porcini mushrooms.
It worth all this effort so hope you will give it a try.
- Makes about 4 servings
- 1/3 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 or 5 (about 250 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup (about 300 g) arborio rice
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 4 or 5 cups (about 1.2 liter) hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes and drain well. Chop roughly and set aside.
- In a sauce pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add rice and saute for another 2 minutes stirring constantly. Add the white wine and allow to evaporate while stirring.
- Add a ladle of vegetabler stock , stirr until the liquid is well absorbed. Continue adding the stock gradually until the liquid is well absorbed and the rice is creamy and tender.
- Add the porcini murshrooms, butter, Parmesan, parsley salt and pepper. Stir until butter is completely melted.
- Serve immediatley with grated Parmesan cheese on top.