Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Fresh mushrooms are really delicious. Mushroom salad turns to be a healthy, easy to make dish for lunch or dinner.
- Makes 1-2 servings
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 green apple, sliced
- 1 big champignon mushroom, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp hazelnuts
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- soy sauce, light
- Bread Croutons
- 3 slices of bread
- 4 tbsp oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- dried herbs (basil, oregano, cilantro, thyme, parsley), optional
- First prepare the bread croutons. Preheat the oven to 200 C (400 F). Cut or rip bread into bite-size cubes. Mix the oil in a bowl with salt and pepper. Add the herbs of your choice. Place the cubed bread into the bowl and mix with your hands. Arrange the bread cubes on a baking sheet in a single layer and place in the oven. Bake for about 5 minutes, toss with a spatula and bake for another 5 minutes until golden brown. They will be crispy but not too hard, perfect for a fresh salad.
- In a medium bowl, cut or rip the lettuce leaves into small pieces. Using the peeler, shred the carrot into long strips and add to salad. Add the tomato, apple and mushroom slices, garlic, hazelnuts and seeds and mix well.
- Mix the soy sauce, olive oil and pepper. Stir into the salad, let chill and serve with bread croutons.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:408, Fat:37.4 g, Saturated Fat:4.8 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.1 g, Carbohydrates:17.9 g, Sugar:8.1 g, Fiber:3.4 g, Protein:3.4 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 337, Sodium 538mg, Vitamin A 109%, Calcium 6%, Vitamin C 15%, Iron 7%, Nutrition Grade C+, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.