- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
No-bake Chocolate Pecan Pie with Meringue Topping
Watch the video for this recipe:
This No-bake Chocolate Pecan Pie with Meringue Topping is one of the most delicious no-bake desserts you can ever prepare. Crispy buttery cookie crust filled with an amazing toasted pecan caramel filling, topped with chocolate ganache and a generous amount of smooth, silky meringue topping.
I simply fell in love with this dessert, it is so, so good, not to mention that it is a perfect dessert for upcoming holidays, when you run out of time or your oven is booked with other delicious recipes.
The recipe is quite easy and quick to prepare, each step doesn’t require too much time and can be assembled quickly. Hope you will try this recipe as is a true delight for your taste buds. Enjoy!
- Makes about 10 servings
- 7 oz (200g) digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 1/3 cup (80g) butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp (2g) cinnamon
- Pecan Caramel Filling
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar, for caramel
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- 1 cup (100g) pecans, toasted, cut into smaller pieces
- 3.5 oz (100g) unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar, for mixing with yolks
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- Chocolate Ganache
- 3.5 oz (100g) whipping cream
- 3.5 oz (100g) semisweet chocolate, cut in small pieces
- Meringue Topping
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (135g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- Grease with butter a 8 inch (20cm) pie or tart pan.
- Prepare the crust. Place the biscuits/graham crackers into the bowl of a food processor. Blend until crumbs form. Add melted butter and cinnamon and process until completely combined.
- Press the mixture with the back of the spoon and your fingers where necessary, into the bottom and edges of the pan. Refrigerate until you prepare the filling.
- Prepare the pecan caramel filling. Toast the pecans in a pan stirring constantly. When cool, cut the pecans in smaller pieces.
- In a small bowl mix the yolks with the ? cup (70g) sugar until creamy and light yellow colored.
- Place the 1/2 cup (100g) sugar with water into a saucepan. Place over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves and gets a light caramel color.
- Add butter, stir until melted and then add pecans and salt. Add mixed yolks and vanilla extract and continue mixing just until it thickens, up to 1 minute. Don’t overcook.
- Spread the pecan caramel filling over the crust and refrigerate until you prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Prepare chocolate ganache. Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Spread it evenly over the pie.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before preparing the meringue topping.
- Prepare the meringue topping. Place the whites, sugar, cream of tartar and salt in a heat proof bowl. Place over a pan with simmering water (bain-marie).
- Whisk constantly, for about 5 minutes, or if you have a thermometer until it reaches 160F (71C).
- Remove from heat and start mixing on high speed for about 5-7 minutes, until glossy stiff peaks form. Incorporate vanilla extract while mixing.
- Spread meringue over tart. Use a spoon to create some meringue picks. Toast the meringue with a brulee torch if desired.
- Serve and keep the leftovers refrigerated. Enjoy!