No-Bake Twix Cheesecake
Watch the video for this recipe:
If you like Twix Bars and you like salted caramel you should definitely try this No-Bake Twix Cheesecake. A crispy biscuit crust, a caramel cream cheese filling and chopped twix bars, topped with salted caramel and chocolate ganache. It is one of the most decadent desserts I have ever made. It is simply heavenly and very easy to prepare.
This cake is perfect for spring and summer days as is a no-bake dessert and a crowd pleaser for any occasion. Hope you will try it out and enjoy it as much as we did:)
- Makes about 10-12 servings
- Cookie Crust
- 9 oz (250g) digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter, melted
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup (300g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 3/4 cup (180g) whipping cream
- 3 tbsp (45g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5g) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5g) salt
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 21 oz (600g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120g) Caramel sauce
- 1 cup (240g) whipping cream (35% fat), chilled
- 2 xtra twix bars, (150g), chopped
- 1/2 cup (120g) salted caramel sauce
- Chocolate Ganache
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate
- 4 oz (120g) whipping cream
- caramel shards
- twix bars
- crushed biscuits
- First prepare the salted caramel sauce so it has time to cool down. Place the sugar and water in a medium heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook without stirring until sugar dissolves and gets a caramel color.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cream. It will bubble a little bit.
- Cook for about 1 minute stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or spatula until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, butter and salt. Stir well until smooth. Transfer into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the crust. Line with parchment paper a 8 inch (20cm) springform pan (with a removable base). Place the crackers or digestive biscuits into the bowl of a food processor and crush until crumbs form. Add melted butter and mix until evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan using the back of a spoon. Refrigerate until you prepare the filling. If desired, line the pan with an acetate sheet for easier removal.
- Prepare the cream cheese filling. Cut the twix bars in smaller pieces and set aside. In a large bowl mix cream cheese with vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Add ½ cup (120g) salted caramel sauce and mix to combine. In another bowl mix cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Incorporate the twix bar pieces into the cream cheese mixture. Pour the mixture over the crust. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to set.
- Spread ½ cup (120g) salted caramel sauce over the cream cheese filling leaving a ½ inch (1cm) border. Refrigerate until you prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Prepare chocolate ganache. Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Spread it evenly over the caramel.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes before serving.
- Decorate with twix bars, caramel shards and crushed biscuits. Serve with remaining caramel sauce if desired. Enjoy!