No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
Watch the video for this recipe:
I am glad to share with you an amazing recipe for easy and quick homemade cinnamon rolls. This time, the recipe requires no yeast and no eggs, and you don’t need more than 15 minutes to prepare the rolls and have them ready to place in the oven. Is that fast. The rolls turn really soft and fluffy, sweet and full of cinnamon flavor as any cinnamon roll should be.
The cream cheese icing is really easy to prepare and pairs so well with the doughy rolls. I must say I was quite impressed with the results and so was my family. You can try various fillings from nutella, to ground nuts, ground poppy seeds or even jams. I have already tried some and all were simply amazing. Hope you will try them out and enjoy as much as we did.
- Makes about 8 rolls
- 2 1/2 cups (310g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 3/4 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (180g) plain yogurt
- 4 tbsp ((56g) unsalted butter, melted
- Cinnamon Filling
- 3 tbsp (40g) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp (7g) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
- Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 oz (120g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (90g) powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease with butter a 10 inch (25cm) round pan.
- Prepare the dough. In a large bowl whisk together flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add plain yogurt, melted butter and milk and mix to combine. Knead for a few minutes until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- In a small bowl combine filling ingredients, sugar with melted butter and ground cinnamon and set aside until ready to use.
- On a floured surface roll the dough into a 12x14 inch (30x35cm) rectangle. Spread butter cinnamon mixture over the top of the rectangle. Roll the dough and cut into 8 equal size rolls. Place the rolls on the prepared pan with distance between them.
- Bake the rolls for about 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- While the rolls are baking prepare cream cheese icing. In a medium bowl mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread the icing over the hot cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!