Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Olive Bread - Paillasse style
Crunchy crust and airy moist interior with olive flavor. Just delicious. One of the best bread we've ever done.
15 mins + 18 hrs rise
- Makes 2 loaves of bread
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 350 ml cold water
- 1/2 tsp salt (only if the olives are not too salty)
- 10 g fresh yeast
- In a large bowl, mix flour with salt and chopped olives. Dissolve the fresh yeast in water and add to the flour mixture. Mix everything together until results a moist dough. Cover it and let it sit for about 14-18 hrs at room temperature, to let the yeast develop. I let it overnight.
- After the hrs passed, sprinkle a towel with flour and corn meal and lay the dough and fold it a few times. Cover the dough with the rest of the towel and let the dough rise for another 2 hrs.
- Preheat the oven to 250C (475-500F) 30 minutes before baking. Divide the dough into 2 pieces. Give each piece of dough 2-3 twists. Put them into a baking tray and let them sit until the oven is hot.
- Put an empty baking pot in the oven ten minutes before baking. As you put the baking tray in the oven, add a cup of hot water in the empty pot, in this way it will instantly boil and create steam. Bake for about 25-30 minutes. When ready let the bread cool on a rack for at least an hour before cutting it.
Nutrition facts 1 Bread - Calories:775, Fat:9.2 g, Saturated Fat:1.3 g, Carbohydrates:149.2 g, Sugar:0.5 g, Fiber:8.3 g, Protein:21.9 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 83, Sodium 1179 mg, Vitamin A 5%, Calcium 10%, Vitamin C 1%, Iron 65%, Nutrition Grade B, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.