- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Parmesan Potato Stacks
Watch the video for this recipe:
I have always loved potatoes and tried to find various simple delicious recipes to cook them.
When I ran over these Parmesan potato stacks on Pinterest I knew I will give them a try sooner or later, as they are so easy to prepare and look quite impressive. I liked everything about the recipe and added some garlic powder for extra flavor.
These potato stacks make a great side dish or appetizer that your family and guests will definitely enjoy. They are also very flavorful because of the thyme, garlic and parmesan which I always love to pair when cooking potatoes. If you don’t like thyme feel free to use any other herbs you prefer like rosemary, oregano or basil.
A good tip for cutting the potatoes in very thin slices is to use a mandoline slicer as it goes faster and more evenly and in this way potatoes don't oxidize.
Recipe adapted after whatsgabycooking
- Makes about 4-6 servings
- 3 tbsp (45g) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (25g) Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (3g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8-10 gold potatoes (1.4 kg) sliced thin (about 1/16 inch -1.6 mm thick)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190C). Butter 12 muffin cups and set aside. Cut the potatoes into thin slices.
- Place potato slices into a large bowl. Add melted butter, Parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Layer the potato slices into stacks and place in the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake until the edges and tops are golden brown and the centers are tender, 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes then remove from pan and garnish with parmesan cheese and thyme.