- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Parmesan Potato Stacks
Watch the video for this recipe:
I have always loved potatoes and tried to find various simple delicious recipes to cook them.
When I ran over these Parmesan potato stacks on Pinterest I knew I will give them a try sooner or later, as they are so easy to prepare and look quite impressive. I liked everything about the recipe and added some garlic powder for extra flavor.
These potato stacks make a great side dish or appetizer that your family and guests will definitely enjoy. They are also very flavorful because of the thyme, garlic and parmesan which I always love to pair when cooking potatoes. If you don’t like thyme feel free to use any other herbs you prefer like rosemary, oregano or basil.
A good tip for cutting the potatoes in very thin slices is to use a mandoline slicer as it goes faster and more evenly and in this way potatoes don't oxidize.
Recipe adapted after whatsgabycooking
- Makes about 4-6 servings
- 3 tbsp (45g) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (25g) Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (3g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8-10 gold potatoes (1.4 kg) sliced thin (about 1/16 inch -1.6 mm thick)
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190C). Butter 12 muffin cups and set aside. Cut the potatoes into thin slices.
Place potato slices into a large bowl. Add melted butter, Parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
Layer the potato slices into stacks and place in the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake until the edges and tops are golden brown and the centers are tender, 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes then remove from pan and garnish with parmesan cheese and thyme.