Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
Penne with Mushroom Bolognese
Bolognese Sauce is one of the best sauces for pastas. It is usually made with meat, but works very well with mushrooms too.
1 hr 30 mins
- Makes about 4-5 servings
- 500 g bag penne pasta
- 500 g mushrooms, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 can pelati tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 ml white wine
- basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- In a large sauce pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic, for about 5 minutes until golden. Add the white wine and allow to evaporate. Add the mushrooms and paprika. Puree the tomatoes cans and add them to the pan along with basil, salt, pepper and sugar. Cover and let it simmer very gently for about 1 -1 1/2 hours, and stirring now and then.
- When the sauce is almost ready, in a big pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta al dente. Drain and drizzle with olive oil.
- You can add the penne to the sauce and mix well or serve the sauce over the pasta topped with Parmesan cheese and don't forget to enjoy it with a a glass of red wine. This sauce also goes very well with tagliatelle pasta or potato gnocchi.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:429, Fat:8.7 g, Saturated Fat:1.3 g, Carbohydrates:70.0 g, Sugar:9.0 g, Fiber:3.6 g, Protein:16.7 g, Cholesterol:74 mg, Calories from Fat 79,