- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Watch the video for this recipe:
Guacamole is one of the most popular Mexican dish, known worldwide, that is very easy to prepare and is suitable for any occasion. It is a perfect appetizer that can be served with tortilla chips for a great texture.
The key for a delicious guacamole is the ripe avocados that can be mashed easily simply using a fork. The lime juice prevents avocado from oxidizing so it’s better not to skip it. Guacamole is best served right away to enjoy its’ fresh flavor but can be kept refrigerated for up to 1 day.
Avocado and Pea Salad
Chicken, Avocado and Orange Salad
- Makes about 3-4 servings
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- Juice from half of lime
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 1/2 ripe tomatoes, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put the avocado into a bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice. Mash avocado with a fork until almost smooth.
- Fold in onion, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. If you like it more spicy add more jalapeno.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole. This way you prevent oxidation. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.