Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Posted on August 2, 2012
As I said in an earlier post I will try to share with you few simple potato recipes that everybody can easily prepare.
Recently I made quite often this potato cake. It is very delicious, healthy and children loves it. You can make it without onion if you prefer this way better. I love the crisp top part and the soft interior. My opinion is that it is a side dish suitable for either, breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Many other variations can be made to this cake, you can add beaten egg,cheese, some bacon, smoked fish or leftover cooked vegetables or whatever else you like. It's delicious in any way.
- Makes about 4 servings
- 3 or 4 (650 g) potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the potatoes and boil with their skin on for about 10 minutes. Add a little bit of salt in the boiling water. Remove from water and set aside to cool. When chilled peel and grate up potatoes using the grater with the big holes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Saute the onion for about 3 minutes until soft.
- Add potatoes and stir with the onion. season with salt and pepper. Press down the potatoes with a spatula and cook for about 5 minutes or until nicely browned underneath. Turn the cake by inverting it on a large plate.
- Gently slide it back into the pan to cook the other side too. Continue cooking for another 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve cut into slices.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:241, Fat:13.8 g, Saturated Fat:1.8 g , Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:27.7 g, Sugar:3.0 g, Fiber:4.3 g, Protein:3.0 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 124, Sodium 11 mg, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 56%, Calcium 2%, Iron 5%, Nutrition Grade B+, Daily percent values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.