Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Pumpkin Dutch Baby Pancake
Posted on December 2, 2013
Do you need a quick and delicious idea for breakfast? This German pancake best known as Dutch Baby, enriched with pumpkin puree and seasonal flavors is perfect for this time of the year.
All you need is an iron cast skillet. Make it hot before adding the batter to ensure it gets crispy at the edges but still soft in the inside.
This is really easy, takes only few minutes to prepare and you got a delicious breakfast that you can serve with toasted walnuts, pecans, honey, maple syrup or whipped cream.
For a classic dutch baby pancake just remove the pumpkin puree and spices from the ingredients list. The classic version will be more puffed than the pumkin one. Serve with fresh berries and maple syrup.
- Makes about 4 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup pumpkin, pureed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp clove powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar, for serving
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C) and place a 12-inch iron cast skillet into the oven.
- Place milk, pumpkin puree, flour, eggs,vanilla extract, spices and salt in the bowl of the blender. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Remove skillet from oven. Add butter and return to oven for 1 minute, until butter is completely melted.
- Pour batter into the hot skillet. Bake for 17-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, dust with powdered sugar and toasted walnuts. Serve warm with maple syrup or honey.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:359, Fat:18 g , Saturated Fat:6.3 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:36.5 g, Sugar:8.9 g, Fiber:3.1 g, Protein:13.9 g, Cholesterol:184 mg, Calories from Fat 162, Sodium 282 mg, Vitamin A 151%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 12%,Iron 18%, Nutrition Grade C,Daily Percent Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet