Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Pumpkin Pie with Honey
A traditional tasty dessert for Thanksgiving Day but works for any other day as well.
1 hr 30 mins for the homemade pumpkin + 30 mins fo
- Makes 8-10 servings
- 2 cups (250 g) flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 oz-110g) butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 24 0z (3 cups) (700 ml) pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz (150 g) sour cream
- Homemade fresh pumpkin puree. Cut the pumpkin in half, remove seeds and fibers and place them cut side down on a roasting pan along with 1 cup of water. Bake at 180 C (350 F) for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours until tender. Scoop out the pulp and puree in a food processor until smooth. Cool before using.
- Prepare the crust. Mix flour with sugar. Incorporate butter to the flour, using your hands or using a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add the egg, water and oil and incorporate until the dough is homogeneous. Wrap it with plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and fit the crust to a 10 inch tart pan. Transfer it to freezer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 230° C (450F).
- In the meanwhile, prepare the pumpkin filling. Beat sour cream, honey and ground spices in a food processor until well blended. Add pumpkin puree and beat until creamy and smooth. Start adding the eggs one at a time until each egg is absorbed. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° bake another 40-50 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:290, Fat:16.0 g, Saturated Fat:8.9 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:32.4 g, Sugar:9.0 g, Fiber:2.9 g, Protein:5.6 g, Cholesterol:88 mg, Calories from Fat 144, Sodium 100mg, Vitamin A 235%, Calcium 5%, Vitamin C 5%, Iron 14%, Nutrition Grade B-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.