- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Watch the video for this recipe:
If you don't have time to make Red Velvet Cake for holidays try Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies instead, they are so easy to prepare and you can enjoy red velvet cake flavor in no time.
These cookies are soft and chewy and looks so pretty and festive in this red and white colors. You can leave out white chocolate, though the chocolate brings an amazing texture and flavor.
This cookies can be made in advance as well as other cookies, and freeze well until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Makes about 30 cookies
- 1 2/3 cups (210g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (24g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5ml) lemon juice
- Red food coloring gel
- 3.5 oz (100g) white chocolate, chips/chunks
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix butter with sugar until light, creamy and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix to combine. Incorporate red food coloring.
- Gradually incorporate flour mixture. Fold in white chocolate chips/chunks. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Place powdered sugar into a bowl.
- Using your ice cream scoop take equal portions of dough, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls,and roll into the powdered sugar, coating thickly. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, keeping 2 inches (5cm) space between cookies.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are cracked. Cool on baking sheets for 5-10 minutes. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.