- Veggie Burgers - Sweet Potato Burger Patties
- Double Chocolate Rum Cookies
- Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake
- Christmas Wreath - Christmas Braided Bread
- Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Gingerbread Orange Cake Roll
- Cranberry Pistachio Fudge without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes
Watch the video for this recipe:
Summer is bursting with berries and I really enjoy using them for various breakfast dishes like in this delicious Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes. Blueberries has always been great in pancakes, and are totally amazing in these ones made with ricotta.
What I love about this recipe is the fact that the whites are whipped separately and then folded into the pancake mixture. That makes the pancakes really fluffy and soft.
The add of ricotta and lemon zest really takes the pancakes to a next level. They will definitely be a family favorite and you might consider double the recipe as they will be gone in seconds.
Recipe slightly adapted after Driscoll’s
- Makes about 8 pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1 cup (240g) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (120g) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 1/2 tsp (6g) baking powder
- Zest from a lemon
- Fresh blueberries
- Maple Syrup/Honey for serving
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, ricotta cheese, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped whites into pancake mixture.
- Lightly grease with butter a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add about ¼ cup of pancake batter and spread to form a 4 inch (10cm) pancake.
- Add blueberries on top and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and serve with maple syrup or honey on top.