Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Posted on November 7, 2013
Watch the video for this recipe:
As much as we all enjoy a friend gathering with the goal of making an open fire and roast some chestnuts this is not always possible for a reason or another. For those times there is still a good solution to enjoy some delicious warm roasted chestnuts at any our of the day.
The solution is very simple, quick and clean and is made on the stove top. All you need is a cast iron pan, a lid, a sharp knife and of course .. the miraculous chestnuts.
If possible try to use chestnuts that have similar sizes so they can roast evenly.
Did you know that beside being amazingly delicious, chestnuts are rich in Vitamin C, B1, B2 and A, are low in calories and fat in comparison to other nuts like cashews for instance? They also are believed to help people with anemia, improve blood circulation, good for the heart and digestive system. Wow.. so not only they taste good but healthy too.
Hope this is convincing enough to try eating more chestnuts this season:)
- Makes about 3-4 servings
- 1 pound whole chestnuts in shell
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut an X into the skin of each chestnut.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat until hot.
- Add chestnuts, cover the pan with the lid and roast stirring every few minutes, to roast all sides, for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- While they’re still warm, remove the shells and skin. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:222, Fat:1.4 g, Carbohydrates:50.1 g, Protein:1.9 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 13, Sodium 2 mg, Vitamin A 1%, Vitamin C 76%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%, Nutrition Grade B+, daily percent values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.