- Veggie Burgers - Sweet Potato Burger Patties
- Double Chocolate Rum Cookies
- Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake
- Christmas Wreath - Christmas Braided Bread
- Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Gingerbread Orange Cake Roll
- Cranberry Pistachio Fudge without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
Roasted Potato and Cheese Tater Tots
Watch the video for this recipe:
So simple.. yet soo delicious. There are just few common ingredients involved here, potatoes, some cheese, onion, salt and pepper, and you get one healthy amazingly addictive snack. Crispy on the outside, still soft in the inside and beyond all an amazing taste.
There is no need to fry as the baked tater tots are just perfect. It may take some minutes to form all the tots but it worth all the effort.
You can use sweet potato too for more variation, garlic, with or without cheese, whatever you think may please you best. In any way they turn awesome. Once you make them you will keep wanting more.
- Slightly adapted after Wishful Chef
- Makes about 45 tater tots
- 23 oz (650g) red skin potatoes
- 3/4 cup (75g) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) black ground pepper
- olive oil to drizzle on top
- Scrub well the potatoes and boil with their skin on until tender. Remove from water and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 230C (450F). Line a baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- When potatoes are chilled, peel and grate using the big holes grater. Transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add cheese, onion salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Scoop up about 1 tbsp of the potato mixture into your hands and form into cylinders about 1 inch long. Place on baking sheet and repeat until all the tots are made.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of tater tots. Bake for 15 minutes, flip them over and bake another 15 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.