- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Roasted Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Watch the video for this recipe:
Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices are a great choice for breakfast or lunch whenever you want something quick, satisfying and delicious. Summer roasted tomatoes are flavorful and are a great choice for filling these sandwiches and create unique and impressive sandwiches.
Roasting the tomatoes gets the best out of them, as the tomato flavor is enhanced and makes a great way to enjoy their sweet, rich, summery flavor.
You can always create your grilled cheese sandwich with different fillings or simple, with nothing else but cheese, what remains the same is the way of preparing them. Use generous amount of soften butter spread directly on the bread not on the pan, grated cheese like cheddar cheese, mozzarella that melts and makes gooey grilled sandwiches and use a hot nonstick pan to cook on both sides until sides are crispy, golden brown and cheese melted. Enjoy!
- Makes about 4 sandwhiches
- Roasted Tomatoes
- 9 oz (250g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the sandwhiches
- 1 1/2 cup (150g) cheddar cheese, grated
- Butter, room temperature
- Fresh basil leaves
- 8 bread slices
- Prepare roasted tomatoes. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place tomatoes to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until tomatoes are roasted.
- Prepare the sandwiches. Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Spread butter on the sides of the bread. With butter side down, top with cheddar cheese, roasted tomato and basil leaves. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place the sandwich on the pan and cook until the bottom is golden brown, for about 3 minutes. Flip, press with a spatula and cook the other side until crispy, golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.