Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
If you didn't like Brussels sprouts before, you might want to try this ones. It will change your mind.
20 mins + 1 hr rise + 30 mins shaping
40 mins for all
- Makes 3-4 servings
- Homemade Piadinas
- 3 cups flour
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 250 ml water
- Piadina Filling
- 200 g Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Brussels Sprouts Sauce
- 500 g Brussels Sprouts, cleaned
- 1 big onion
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
- 1 big carrot, grated (using the big wholes of the grater)
- 1/2 celery root, grated (using the big wholes of the grater)
- 1 red pepper
- 1/3 cup frozen Corn Kernels
- 2 cups homemade vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Basil leaves, chopped- to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the piadinas. In a large bowl, mix flour with salt. Dissolve the fresh yeast in warm water and add to the flour mixture. Add oil and mix everything together using your hands, knead until smooth. Cover it and let it sit for about 1 hour at room temperature, to let the dough rise until nearly doubled in size.
- In the meanwhile, mix the cheese whit onion, salt and pepper.
- Punch the dough down, knead, and cut into 6-8 equal pieces. Roll out each one to a circle about 8 inches in diameter. Add 1-2 tbs of the cheese filling in the middle of the circle and wrap with the rest of the dough circle. Press with your fingers or using the roller until the circle is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Preheat a large non-stick pan. Cook the piadina on both sides until the dough is brown but still soft and the filling is hot.
- Remove from the heat and let them cool on a cool rack.
- Prepare the sauce. In a large flat-bottomed frying pan heat oil over medium-low heat. Cook onion, garlic,carrot, celery and red pepper and saute for about 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and wine and bring to boil. Reduce heat, add the Brussels sprouts, the corn kernels, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until until all the liquid has cooked off and the sprouts are tender to bite.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:496, Fat:19.7 g, , Saturated Fat:5.2 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:62.6 g, Sugar:4.4 g, Fiber:6.4 g, Protein:17.4 g, Cholesterol:14 mg, Calories from Fat 177, Sodium 203mg, Vitamin A 54%, Calcium 24%, Vitamin C 129%, Iron 27%, Nutrition Grade B-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.