Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Soft Meringue Cookies
Classic macaroons turned into sweet cookies with crisp exterior and soft nutty chocolate interior. They literally melt in your mouth. Perfect for holiday tables.
- Makes about 25-30 cookies
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups + 6 tbsp (300 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 tbsp dried coconut flakes
- 12 tbsp ground walnuts or almonds
- 2 oz (50 g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 F (150 C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whip egg whites until foamy with a mixer and gradually add the sugar and vanilla extract whipping the whole time. The meringue is done when it is not runny and when you can hold the bowl upside down and none of it drops off.
- Using a metal spoon, lightly fold in the coconut flakes, ground walnuts and chocolate chips. Spoon onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the meringue cookies for about 15 minutes or until they get a pale coffee color. Remove them gently from the baking sheet and let them cool completely before storing.
Nutrition facts 1 Cookie - Calories:77, Fat:3.0 g, Saturated Fat:1.0 g, Carbohydrates:11.6 g, Sugar:10.8 g, Protein:1.4 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 27, Sodium 9 mg, Vitamin A 0%, Calcium 1%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 1%Nutrition Grade D, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.