- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
A classic French desert combining the texture of a custard and a cake, a recipe very easy to make. Clafoutis is usually made with cherries but strawberries are as good. This strawberry clafoutis is delicious, sweet-tart, just perfect for your guests or family.
- Makes 4-6 servings
- 500 g fresh strawberries
- 4 eggs
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 150 ml milk
- 250 ml plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 tbsp flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Grease 2 (6-7 inch) round ceramic baking dishes with butter.
- Wash strawberries, drain well, pat dry with a clean dishtowel and remove leaves.
- Mix eggs with sugar. Stir in flour. Add milk and yogurt, vanilla extract and mix well until well blended. The result is similar to crepes mixture.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking dishes and place the strawberries on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until puffed and set in the center. Let cool to room temperature and sprinkle with sugar before serving.