- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Did you know that today is National Strawberry Parfait Day? I wouldn't have known either if Shari's Berries wouldn't have brought this holiday in my attention a couple of weeks ago. So how else to celebrate it if not making one of the best strawberry parfaits ever.
This is an easy way of making a delicious strawberry parfait, simply using ingredients you already have in house, yogurt, honey, cookies and cornflakes for crunchiness and of course...fresh strawberries. The crunchy cornflakes complements so well the smooth creamy yogurt and fresh strawberries.
The reason I made this parfait with yogurt and honey instead of cream and sugar was to reduce the content of fat and sugar and make a healthy parfait that everyone will enjoy.
You can also add some chopped fresh mint or basil in combination with strawberries for extra flavor. It's up to you.
Serve this parfait as a delicious breakfast or even as a refreshing summer dessert. Enjoy!
- Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup strawberry slices
- 4 ladyfinger cookies
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup honey cornflakes
- fresh mint or basil, optional
Cut the strawberry in slices and combine yogurt with honey.
Place a layer of crushed ladyfingers in the bottom of your glasses. Add a layer of cornflakes.
Add a layer of strawberries.
Add a layer of yogurt mixture.
- Repeat steps for the next layers.
- Garnish with cornflakes on top and a sliced strawberry.