Have you ever used clay dishes? I received one as a gift and since then keep doing delicious recipes in it. It is said they retain the flavor better and makes all healthier.
These stuffed zucchinis seemed just the right recipe for a clay dish so here it is. If you don't have one just bake them in a regular dish.
This recipe of stuffed zucchinis uses ground chicken or mushrooms, onion and dill which adds a really pleasant flavor.
Serve stuffed zucchinis with sour cream for a delicious lunch or dinner.
- Makes 9 servings
- 3 medium Zucchinis - peeled or not
- 7 oz (200 g) ground chicken
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- scooped interior of the zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh dill weed, chopped
- 1 small tomato, sliced for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees Celsius). If you are using a clay dish, soak the dish in water for about 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini in 3 pieces. Using a teaspoon scoop the interior out of each, careful not to scoop all the way through. The shell and bottom of each should not be cut in order to form zucchini cups. Sprinkle with salt the interior and the exterior of each and set aside for about 20 minutes, salt will make the zucchini become tender.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, cook the onion for 2 minutes.Add red pepper and the meat. When cooked, add the reserved, chopped interior of zucchini, paprika, salt and pepper and cook for another few minutes. Turn off the heat and add 1 egg and the dill weed.
- Fill each zucchini cup and if you have some leftover you can fill red peppers or simply make some meatballs. Garnish with a tiny slice of tomato. Place the filled zucchinis into the prepared clay dish. (For the regular baking dish add a little water before baking).
- Cook for about 30-40 minutes, For the last minutes you can take the lid off and use the grill function to get tops lightly browned. Serve with sour cream.