Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Vegetable Salad (Boeuf Salad)
This is a salad that goes well as appetizer. Perfect for party or holiday tables. Can be served with homemade crackers.
- Salad Ingredients
- 5 medium potatoes
- 5 medium carrots, peeled
- 5 pickled cucumbers 3.5 inches (9 cm) long
- 1/2 chicken breast (optional)
- 300 g frozen peas
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- Mayonnaise Ingredients
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- black olives, red pepper slices (optional)
- Place potatoes with skin on in a steamer rack over boiling water and steam until tender. Then steam the carrots, peas and chicken breast until tender. Let them cool. (if you don't have a steamer rack, boil the vegetables and chicken until tender)
- Peel the potatoes and chop them in small pieces. Chop the carrots, cucumbers and chicken breast also in small pieces. Combine them with potatoes and peas in a large salad bowl. Add salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste and mix carefully.
- Prepare the mayonnaise. Using a mixer, beat yolks and mustard, in a small bowl until thick. Gradually add oil beating all the while. When ready gently fold in to vegetables. Pour all mixture in the serving dish. Garnish with black olives and serve with crackers.
Nutrition facts Whole Salad - Calories:2458, Fat:125.6 g, Saturated Fat:15.7 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:274.5 g, Sugar:56.1 g, Fiber:55.6 g, Protein:74.9 g, Cholesterol:439 mg, Calories from Fat 1131, Sodium 744mg, Vitamin A 1176%, Calcium 49%, Vitamin C 471%, Iron 87%, Nutrition Grade A, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.