- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Walnut Chocolate Rolls with White Filling
I simply love this walnut chocolate rolls recipe. It's one of my mother's recipe that she makes for holidays, and really wanted to share it with you.
This is one of the most creamy, rich and elegant desserts. You can never go wrong combining chocolate with lots of walnuts.
We usually serve it on holidays but it's also perfect for summer days as you can serve it cold from the freezer. It tastes absolutely amazing.
- Makes 2 rolls
- Walnut Chocolate Mixture
- 3 egg whites
- 250 g sugar
- 300 g grounded walnuts
- 50 g cocoa powder
- White Filling
- 3 egg yolks
- 150 g butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whip egg whites until foamy with a mixer. Continue whipping over bain-marie. Gradually add the sugar whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks.Remove from heat and using a metal spoon, lightly fold in the ground walnuts and cocoa powder. Split in half.
- Bring water to a boil. Add the egg yolks and boil until harden. Remove from heat and let egg yolks cool.
- On the working surface line a plastic wrap, sprinkle with powdered sugar or ground walnuts all over it's surface. Pour half of chocolate mixture and cover with plastic wrap. Using a rolling pin roll into a rectangular about 12 X 8 inches (30 X 20 cm) . Remove the top plastic wrap.
- Sieve the egg yolks and mix well with sugar, butter and vanilla extract. Split in half. Pour half of the white mixture over the whole surface of chocolate mixture and roll. Repeat step 3 and 4 with the other halves.
- Refrigerate the rolls before serving. You can also place them in the freezer if you prefer this way.