Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
Walnut & Lemon Cake
Posted on June 30, 2011
Fine delicious cake, the combination between walnuts, lemon and chocolate is absolutely great.
- Makes about 8-10 servings
- Cake Base
- 140 g butter
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp flour
- 6 tbsp ground walnuts
- 1 lemon finely grated zest
- 4 egg whites
- Yolks Filling
- 4 egg yolks
- 7 tbsp powdered sugar
- Chocolate Glaze
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).Butter 10-inch(26 cm) springform pan(with a removable base), and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well mixed. Add walnuts, lemon zest and flour and mix well.
- Separate egg yolks form egg whites. Whip egg whites until foamy and form stiff peaks. Fold in egg whites into butter mixture.
- Mix egg yolks with sugar until thick, creamy and pale yellow colored.
- Pour the butter mixture into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and add yolks mixture on top of the cake and bake for another 15 minutes.
- To prepare chocolate glaze melt the chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Stir in butter and heavy cream until well blended. Use immediately, pour over the cake.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:299, Fat:21.2 g, Saturated Fat:11.5 g, Carbohydrates:23.7 g, Sugar:19.7 g, Fiber:0.8 g, Protein:4.9 g, Cholesterol:123 mg, Calories from Fat 191, Sodium 123mg, Vitamin A 11%, Calcium 4%, Vitamin C 1%, Iron 4%, Nutrition Grade C-, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.