- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Wheat Bran Bread
Any time I have the chance I like to bake my own bread. No store bought bread could ever compare with the freshly baked bread right out of your oven. Love the idea that you can choose your bread ingredients, the quantity of wheat bran, the seeds and cereals you may want to add.
I usually play with my dough, I never get the same bread as I like to make variations each time. There are times when I like to add oats, or barley, or soaked flax seeds, but what is a constant is that I always like to enrich my bread with wheat bran which is rich in dietary fiber and essential fatty acids and is known to contain significant quantities of starch, protein, vitamins and dietary minerals.
This wheat bran bread is definitely one of these bread recipes that makes your meal perfect. Delicious healthy fresh bread perfect to have it for breakfast time.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4 or 5 tbsp wheat bran
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 ml water
- In a large bowl, mix flour with salt and wheat bran. Dissolve the fresh yeast in water and add to the flour mixture. Mix everything together and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Grease a 8 inch diameter souffle dish. Transfer the dough onto ceramic dish, cover it and let it rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F) 30 minutes before baking. Put the ceramic dish in the oven and bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 190°C (370°F) and bake for another 15-20 minutes. For the last 2,3 minutes use the grill function of the oven to obtain a golden crust. When ready let the bread cool on a rack before serving.