- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
White Bean Crostini
Few years ago wouldn't have thought that you can make an appetizer from beans. I always considered beans suitable only for main dish recipes. Visiting my brother's family one summer had the chance to serve this bean dip which I found really easy and so delicious. Really wanted to share it with you as it is wonderful.
White bean crostini recipe is very easy and quick, turns into a healthy delicious appetizer, great for holiday tables. The best part is that you can make the white bean dip few days in advance and save some time. Give it a try, I am sure you'll love it.
- 1 baguette
- Extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- White Beans dip
- 2 cups of white beans, boiled
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp of parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Cut baguette into slices. Brush olive oil onto the top of each slice and place onto a large baking sheet. Sprinkle each slice with some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place into the oven for about 15 minutes or until they are light golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- Blend beans in food processor but leave chunky. Add salt, pepper, oil, lemon juice, parsley and garlic and stir until well combined. You can boil the beans one day before like I did, let them cool and refrigerate. I prefer to boil the beans instead of using cans.
- Top each piece of crostini with bean puree. Garnish with freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!