White Chocolate and Dried Fruit Truffles
If you are craving for something sweet, delicious, nutritious and very easy to make these truffles may be a good option. Once they are done you can refrigerate and enjoy these small treats for a few days whenever you feel like it.
These truffles are really flavorful from the walnuts and dried fruit with a subtle flavor of rum. Coated in chocolate, cocoa or coconut flakes makes them even more irresistable. These can also make a good homemade gift for holiday or different other ocassions.
They can be made in advance and that makes them perfect for any party or family gathering.
- Makes about 50-52 truffles
- 1 cup (150g) dried apricots
- 1 cup (150g) pitted dates
- 1 cup (150g) raisins
- 2 cups (180g) ground walnuts
- 5 tbsp (70 g) butter
- 5 ounces (150 g) white chocolate
- 1/4 tsp rum essence
- Coating options
- cocoa powder
- white and dark chocolate, grated
- coconut flakes
- In a large bowl add the apricots, dates, raisins, and rum essence and soak in a little water for about 2 hours.
- Drain well and place them in the bowl of the food processor. Add butter and process until a paste forms. Place the paste in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate over bain marie..
- Add walnuts and melted chocolate over the fruit paste and stir to combine well.
- Shape the mixture into balls using about 1 rounded teaspoon mixture for each. Roll each ball in coconut, chocolate flakes or cocoa.
- Keep in airtight container and refrigerate for about 2 hrs before serving.