- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
It’s always good to find new ways for cooking seasonal vegetables especially when you have kids. This way of preparing zucchini can be a great healthy way for making kids enjoy vegetables during the summer. The recipe is very easy and takes only few minutes to prepare.
The most important part in this recipe is to squeeze as much liquid as possible from the grated zucchini otherwise the fritters won’t get as crispy and delightful.
Zucchini fritters taste very good, the parsley and dill bring such a nice summery flavor. I also loved the Parmesan cheese inside, makes a great combination with zucchini. They are best served warm alongside some garlic sour cream and can make a great lunch or appetizer. You can also use these fritters for making vegetarian burgers alongside fresh vegetables and crusty buns. They are really delicious.
Recipe slightly adapted after DamnDelicious
- Makes about 8-10 fritters
- 1 1/2 pounds (700g) about 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (25g) grated Parmesan
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) fresh parsley and dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup (35g) all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Place the zucchini in a sieve,colander over a bowl or use a salad spinner, add salt and set aside for 10 minutes to release the liquid. Press down with a spoon, or spin it, to release more of the liquid. Even better, you can transfer the grated zucchini into a kitchen towel or cheesecloth, wrap it and squeeze out the remaining liquid. This is an important step as of it depends how crispy the fritters will be.
Place the squeezed zucchini into a bowl, add Parmesan cheese, green onions, garlic, parsley and dill, egg, flour, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
Heat oil in an nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop spoonfuls of batter into the skillet and flatten with the back of the spoon or spatula. Cook each fritter for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the bottom is golden and crispy; flip and cook for 3 more minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Serve hot with garlic sour cream. Enjoy!