- 1 stick (110g) butter
- 1 tbsp lard
- 1/2 cup +2 tbsp (120g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 8 tbsp cereal mix (oat, barley, wheat) - a little crushed into mixing bowl
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (6g) baking soda
- freshly grated zest from 4 oranges
- fresh orange juice from 1 orange
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3.5 oz (100g) black raisins
- 2 cups (250g) flour
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C).
In a large bowl, cream together butter, lard and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the eggs, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla extract. Stir dry ingredients together: flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Gradually add into butter mixture. Stir in cereals and raisins.
Drop from teaspoon on un-greased cookie sheets. Bake 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Remove from sheet to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
Serving: 1gCalories: 81kcalCarbohydrates: 12.9gProtein: 1.2gFat: 2.9gSaturated Fat: 1.6gCholesterol: 11mgSugar: 5.9g