Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Homemade Cream Puffs
Posted on October 21, 2011
Great and easy dessert that will definitely impress your guests. Delicious, creamy, not too sweet just perfect to end up a good lunch or dinner.
- Makes about 25 puffs
- Cream Puffs Batter
- 200 ml water
- 200 g butter
- 200 g flour
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 400 ml milk
- 1 package of vanilla pudding
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp sugar for the egg whites
- 100 g chocolate
- In a heavy sauce pan heat up water with butter until butter is melted.
- Remove the pan from heat, add flour and mix until well blended. Wait until the composition is slightly cooled then add one by one 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites.
- Preheat the oven at 350F (180C). Place 1 tbsp of batter with distance between them on a slightly greased baking tray.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Let them cool completely.
- Prepare the cream. Make the vanilla pudding according to package directions. Whip egg whites with 2 tbsp of sugar. While pudding is still warm fold in the whipped whites.
- Split the cream puffs in half and fill them with cream and optional with whipping cream and strawberry slices. Melt the chocolate and sprinkle on top of cream puffs.
Nutrition facts 1 Cream Puff - Calories:157, Fat:8.8 g, Saturated Fat:5.4 g, Carbohydrates:16.5 g, Sugar:10.2 g, Protein:3.2 g, Cholesterol:49 mg, Calories from Fat 79, Sodium 132 mg, Vitamin A 5%, Calcium 3%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 3%, Nutrition Grade C, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.