Amazing rich pumpkin muffins perfect for autumn and winter days. The yellow-orange color the pumpkin puree gives to them makes them look really appetizing.
They taste so good that we finished them that evening and the next day I made another round. A good way I could say to use walnuts too, and have kids eat pumpkin and walnuts in one bite.
These pumpkin muffins can be a perfect option for a quick breakfast or take on the go.
- Makes about 12 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups freshly baked pumpkin puree
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Grease muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk the 2 eggs with sugar until well blended. Add pumpkin, oil, vanilla extract and mix well. Stir in flour, baking powder and spices.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the muffins. Bake for about 30-35 minutes until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool over a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before serving.