Homemade Cream Puffs
Cream Puffs, also known as profiterole or choux à la crème, is one irresistible French dessert made from choux pastry and usually filled with pastry cream and garnished on top or not with chocolate, caramel or powdered sugar. It is incredible how this recipe resists for centuries and is served all over the world.
Choux pastry is very easy to prepare, and while baking forms largely hollow puffs. Fill it with your favorite filling and it will definitely impress your guests.
Cream puffs are delicious, creamy, not too sweet just perfect to end up a good lunch or dinner.
- Makes about 25 puffs
- Cream Puffs Batter
- 200 ml water
- 200 g butter
- 200 g flour
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 400 ml milk
- 1 package of vanilla pudding
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp sugar for the egg whites
- 100 g chocolate
- In a heavy sauce pan heat up water with butter until butter is melted.
- Remove the pan from heat, add flour and mix until well blended. Wait until the composition is slightly cooled then add one by one 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites.
- Preheat the oven at 350F (180C). Place 1 tbsp of batter with distance between them on a slightly greased baking tray.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Let them cool completely.
- Prepare the cream. Make the vanilla pudding according to package directions. Whip egg whites with 2 tbsp of sugar. While pudding is still warm fold in the whipped whites.
- Split the cream puffs in half and fill them with cream and optional with whipping cream and strawberry slices. Melt the chocolate and sprinkle on top of cream puffs.