These amazingly rich pumpkin muffins are perfect for autumn and winter days. The yellow-orange color the pumpkin puree gives to them, makes them look really appetizing.
These muffins taste so good that we have finished them that evening and the next day I made another round. These muffins are a good way, I could say, to include walnuts and have kids eat pumpkin and walnuts in one bite. You can also include chocolate too and have an irresistible treat in no minute.
These muffins can also be a perfect option for a quick breakfast or to take on the go.
Marbled Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups (250g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (56g) vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups (360g) freshly baked pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (125g) flour
- 3 tsp (12g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (3g) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2g) nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (50g) chopped walnuts
- 4 oz (120g) chocolate , cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Grease muffin cups or line with paper cups.
- In a bowl mix the flour with spices and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk the 2 eggs with sugar until well blended. Add pumpkin, oil, vanilla extract and mix well. Stir in flour mixture. If chocolate used add about 3.5 oz (100g) chocolate chunks in the mixture, and reserve 0.5 oz (20g) for topping the muffins after baking.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the muffins. Bake for about 30-35 minutes until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool over a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before serving. While still warm you can add some extra chunks of chocolate on top of each.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I love pumpkin muffins, and the crumble topping looks just perfect! 🙂
Oh, these look delicious! I would love to add a pad of cream cheese in the middle of a warmed muffin! Delish!
Love the addition of the walnuts. They look really light and fluffy.
These look so moist and delicious. Can’t wait to try these. I bet that’d be great with just a sprinkling of turbinado sugar and some pepitas, but the crumb topping sounds amazing as well.
Yes please! The addition of the walnuts is a great choice.
In the ingredient it says freshly baked pumpkin puree, how do you make that
Here, at step 1 you can see how this is made, you can also use canned one of desired. https://www.homecookingadventure.com/chocolate-pumpkin-cheesecake
Hi! For the pumpkin puree, will any kind be okay to use?Like the big ones?
yes.. I always use the big ones.. cut them in slices, roast them for about 45 minutes at 350F (180C), let them cool, make the puree and freeze some for later use.
Hello, I just tried this muffin recipe (literally, it is still warm), and this was the best muffin I’d ever made. Soft and moist, wonderful texture, and super delicious! Big THANK YOU for this!