Do you need a quick and delicious idea for breakfast? This German pancake best known as Dutch Baby, enriched with pumpkin puree and seasonal flavors is perfect for this time of the year.
All you need is an iron cast skillet. Make it hot before adding the batter to ensure it gets crispy at the edges but still soft on the inside.
This is easy, takes only a few minutes to prepare and you got a delicious breakfast that you can serve with toasted walnuts, pecans, honey, maple syrup, or whipped cream.
For a classic Dutch baby pancake just remove the pumpkin puree and spices from the ingredients list. The classic version will be more puffed than the pumpkin one. Serve with fresh berries and maple syrup.
Pumpkin Dutch Baby Pancake
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1 cup (125g) flour
- 3/4 cup (180g) pumpkin , pureed
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2g) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1g) ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp clove powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1g) nutmeg
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter
- 1/3 cup (35g) walnuts , toasted
- 2 tbsp (16g) powdered sugar , for serving
- Maple syrup , for serving
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C) and place a 12-inch iron cast skillet into the oven.
- Place milk, pumpkin puree, flour, eggs,vanilla extract, spices and salt in the bowl of the blender. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Remove skillet from oven. Add butter and return to oven for 1 minute, until butter is completely melted.
- Pour batter into the hot skillet. Bake for 17-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, dust with powdered sugar and toasted walnuts. Serve warm with maple syrup or honey.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
That is such luxurious breakfast, absolutely wonderful!
I have always wanted to make a *Dutch Baby* ~ Alas, it hasn’t come to fruition so far. However, I was delighted to see your recipe for this delicious breakfast or late night supper! Thank you for sharing…~ Sasha